Wellness Coaching is one of the fastest growing industries in America
The Department of Health Professions in the College of Professional Studies at Metropolitan State University of Denver offers a Bachelor’s Degree in Integrative Health Care (IHC). A new post-baccalaureate program that consists of 6 courses or 18 credits allows students to obtain a Wellness Coaching Certificate and prepares students for the International Consortium for Health & Wellness (ICHWC) certification examination.
In addition to Integrative Health Care graduates, it is anticipated that other individuals such as nurses, dietitians, physicians and physician assistants, and other health-related fields may benefit from the certificate based on the national trend towards prevention to lower the costs of healthcare. This certificate is designed for those who already have a baccalaureate degree.
MSU Denver's Self-Paced Online Learning Program provides fully accredited college courses that offer a flexible alternative to traditional classroom and online schedules.
Why MSU Denver?
- Work independently and at your own pace from course material provided in Blackboard.
- Set your own schedule with no fixed assignment deadlines or class meeting times.
- Program provides 21-week completion period for Fall and Spring terms, and 10-weeks for Summer.
- Regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission
- ICHWC accredited
- Affordable tuition
Courses in the Certificate Program:
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Holistic Health
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Wellness Coaching 1
- Wellness Coaching 2
- Applications in Wellness Coaching 3
This certificate program is being offered to individuals with a bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field; or a health licensure, such as a Registered Nurse; or bachelor’s with certification.
Certificate program guidelines:
- Prior learning or previous credits assessments are accepted for up to two classes.
- Students enrolled in these foundational courses are asked to begin thinking about how they would integrate these approaches into their coaching practice from the first day of the class.
- Estimated completion time is 9-18 months with 40 hours of live contact or synchronous online hours.
- 100+ hours of theory and practice
To be awarded the program certificate, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 18 credit hours of courses as recommended by the certificate program
- Achieve a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the certificate program course
- Earn at least a “C” or better in each of the certificate courses
- Earn a minimum of 60% of required courses at MSU Denver
For more information on the Wellness Coaching Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, click here.