Scholarships for Health Professions Students
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
- Health Professions Department "Rising Star" Scholarship
The Rising Star Scholarship is an award for students showing initiative, enthusiasm, and potential for future success in Metropolitan State University of Denver’s Health Professions (HEP) Department. It is the intent of the Rising Star Scholarship to be able to support students in their pursuit of becoming passionate professional in their field of study. Each program in HEP has the opportunity to provide one student with the Rising Star Scholarship.
- Be a Master of Health Administration student OR a Health Professions undergraduate major (i.e., HCM, HCPS, IHC, or RECR)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours if an undergraduate student and a minimum of 6 credit hours if a graduate student during the semester(s) the scholarship is received
*Applicants must be enrolled in Fall 2019
HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
- AUPHA/UPD ScholarshipA scholarship available to junior or senior health care management majors.
- AUPHA/McGaw ScholarshipA scholarship available to junior or senior health care management majors.
INTEGRATIVE HEALTH CARE SCHOLARSHIPS
- The Guldman-Strauss Endowed Scholarship
This is a need-based scholarship available to Integrated Therapies students. Students applying for this scholarship must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) found online. MSU Denver’s Title IV School Code is 001360.
- The Dr. Linda B. White Endowed Scholarship
The fund is established to encourage the pursuit of graduate level education among students in the Integrative Health Program (IHC), or a substantially identical program known by a different name, by offering financial assistance to those students in the IHC program with plans to pursue a master’s degree or doctorate after graduation.
RECREATION PROFESSIONS SCHOLARSHIPS
- Dr. Furman C. Griffis Endowed Memorial Scholarship (for Recreation Management and Generalist Majors)
Offered to Recreation Professions degree seeking students at MSU Denver, this scholarship honors the work of Dr. Furman C. Griffis, who devoted his life to the field of recreation.
For more information on any of the scholarships, please stop by the Health Professions Department, located in West Classroom 239, or call 303-615-1200.