We offer three areas of concentration through our Recreation Professions Major.
We believe that recreation is worth studying, as its benefits are endless. Therefore, we provide a four-year undergraduate program that leads to a Bachelor of Arts in one of three areas: Recreation Management, Therapeutic Recreation, and Outdoor Recreation. Our Recreation Professions program is the only accredited program in the state of Colorado. We are accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Related Professions (COAPRT).
The Recreation Professions major prepares students with the knowledge and skills for employment in:
- Military settings
- Not-for-Profit settings
- National and State Parks
- Commercial/Private settings
- Campus Recreation settings
- Resort and Hospitality settings
- Clinical/Long-Term Care settings
- Outdoor Recreation and Adventure
- Municipal Parks and Recreation settings
Majors can apply for a wide variety of jobs!
- Park Ranger
- Recreation Therapist
- Special Event Planner
- Youth Sports Coordinator
- Recreation Sports Coordinator
- Aquatics Supervisor/Specialist
- Outdoor Leader/Facilitator/Guide
- Facility Manager and Resort Manager
- Recreation Director and Camp Director
- Armed Forces Recreation Administrator
- Outdoor Recreation Coordinator/Director