Lifestyle medicine is the evidence-based approach of using lifestyle interventions to prevent and treat many chronic diseases, improve outcomes and quality of life, tackle health disparities, and decrease healthcare costs.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is proud to offer the first Lifestyle Medicine Major and Minor at the bachelor’s level in the country. The major and minor can be completed fully online or through a combination of classroom and online courses.
For more information about lifestyle medicine, visit the American College of Lifestyle Medicine website https://www.lifestylemedicine.org/
For more information about Wellness Coaching, visit the International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaching website at https://ichwc.org/
Connect with us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/MSUDLifeMed/
For more information about the lifestyle medicine program at MSU Denver please contact us at 303-615-1200 or email Professor Brittany Plaven at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to giving you more information and helping you get started!
- prevent and treat many chronic diseases
- improve outcomes and quality of life
- tackle health disparities
- transform our healthcare system
- decrease health costs
- Improving Nutrition
- Increasing Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Tobacco Cessation
- Moderating Alcohol Use
- Sleep Habits
- Emotional Wellness
- Social Support
- Coaching Behavior Change
- Addressing Environmental Exposures
- Healthcare Provider Self-Care
- By 2020 two-thirds of all diseases worldwide will be caused by lifestyle choices.
- The primary causes of premature adult death in the U.S. are related to unhealthy behaviors.
- The increase in lifestyle related chronic disease and healthcare spending is unsustainable.
- A lifestyle medicine major will give future healthcare professionals competencies in lifestyle medicine, wellness coaching, and health navigation to help address these issues.
- Graduate school
- Health coach
- Health (patient) navigator
- Public health
- Health promotion and education