We offer three different scholarships for Integrative Health Care students.
For the scholarship that best fits your needs, please read the descriptions below.
DR. LINDA B. WHITE ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP
The fund is established to encourage the pursuit of graduate level education among students in the IHC, or a substantially identical program known by a different name, by offering financial assistance to those students in the IHC program with plans to pursue a master’s degree or doctorate after graduation.
Selection: The recipient(s) shall be selected by the IHC (or a substantially identical program known by a different name) at Metropolitan State University of Denver with input from the Donors if they desire.
Intent: The intent of this scholarship is to provide one year of tuition and fees for the recipient/s (fall and spring semesters.) Excess funds may be awarded to another student as a partial scholarship. A junior level recipient may apply to receive the scholarship again for his/her senior year.
If the department fails to meet the established deadline, then final selection of candidates to be awarded (and selection of alternates) scholarships will revert to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at Metropolitan State University of Denver.
This is a need-based scholarship available to IHC students. Students applying for this scholarship must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) found online. MSU Denver’s Title IV School Code is 001360.
Criteria for the Guldman-Strauss Scholarship are as follows:
Minimum of one scholarship awarded annually to benefit an IHC student at the University with demonstrated financial need. The scholarship recipient shall:
- Have declared a major or minor in the IHC Program
- Have financial need, based on FAFSA and MSU Denver's Scholarship Center
- Be a sophomore, junior or senior
- Provide two essays of no more than 250 words each about personal interest in IHC practices and plans after graduation
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative or transfer GPA
- Have completed at least three IHC courses at MSU Denver
HEALTH PROFESSIONS DEPARTMENT "RISING STAR" SCHOLARSHIP
The Rising Star Scholarship is an award for students showing initiative, enthusiasm, and potential for future success in Metropolitan State University of Denver’s Health Professions (HEP) Department. It is the intent of the Rising Star Scholarship to be able to support students in their pursuit of becoming passionate professional in their field of study. Each program in HEP has the opportunity to provide one student with the Rising Star Scholarship.
- Be a Master of Health Administration student OR a Health Professions undergraduate major (i.e., HCM, HCPS, IHC, or RECR)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours if an undergraduate student and a minimum of 6 credit hours if a graduate student during the semester(s) the scholarship is received
*Applicants must be enrolled in Fall 2019