Scholarly instruction and practical experiences are at the core of our program's mission, vision, and values.
The mission of the Health Care Management Program is to empower our diverse students to gain the competencies and professional preparation to manage and lead in the dynamic Health Care Industry.
The vision of the Health Care Management (HCM) Program is for all HCM graduates to improve health and care delivery in the Denver metropolitan area, the state of Colorado, and the nation.
The Health Care Management faculty and staff adhere to the following values:
- Integrity - We are principled, honest and ethical, and we do the right thing for those we serve.
- Trust - We count on and support one another individually and as team members.
- Collaboration - We contribute to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Excellence - We perform at the highest level, always learning and looking for ways to improve.
- Accountability - We accept responsibility for our actions and attitudes.
- Mutual Respect - We embrace diversity and treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Communications - To model behaviors for others we use open, positive dialogue, and encourage inclusiveness.
To achieve the mission, our program has the following objectives:
- To employ HCM Program faculty who have appropriate academic training in relevant disciplines; who demonstrate excellence in teaching, are actively involved in professional development and research, as well as service to the University and the community; and who bring real-world health care experience and knowledge to enhance the educational program;
- To offer a curriculum that is designed to meet the needs of the health care community by providing a well-rounded educational program that includes, but is not limited to, an introduction to the general principles of management, an in-depth grounding in the primary areas of health care management, and a solid understanding of the delivery and financing of the health care system;
- To develop new strategies and innovative approaches to delivering courses;
- To recruit students who seek to continue their education and expand their health care careers or plan to enter the health care field;
- To educate and prepare students for entry-level management positions in the health care industry by using an approach that integrates both academic and professional experience; and
- To encourage students to become lifelong learners and prepare them for graduate study.