Sexualities Studies Minor
The Sexualities Studies minor compliments any major, but is particularly important for students who hope to work with LGBTQ and other sexual and gender minority populations. This minor prepares students to examine content and historical issues through critical queer and trans lenses in local and global environments.
Students must complete each course in the minor with a minimum grade of C-. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.
Part I: Core Required Courses (15 credits)
- GWS - 1200 - Multicultural Study of Sexualities and Genders
- GWS - 1550 - Introduction to Transgender Studies
- GWS - 2200 - Feminist and Queer Research Methods
- GWS - 3280 - Queer Theory
- GWS - 4750 - Feminist Research and Activism (aka Feminist Theories and Practices II)
Part II: Additional Courses (9 credits)
A minimum of 9 additional credit hours in Gender, Women, and Sexualities courses is required.
Credit Hours Summary
|Required Courses||15 credit hours|
|Electives||9 credit hours|
|Minor Credit Requirements Total||24 credit hours|