Skip to main content Skip to main content

Resources fro Students with Disabilities

On campus:

Mental Health and Wellbeing

  • Counseling Center: The Counseling Center staff can help you find ways to manage difficult times and provide you with a comforting place to examine your life and learn more about yourself so you can realize your potential.
    • Phone: 303-615-9988
    • Hours: M-F 8:00am-12:00pm; and 1:00pm-4:30pm. Closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm.
    • Location: Tivoli Student Union 651
    • Website/Link:

  • CARE: The CARE Team provides early assessment and referral when a student's behavior is flagged as concerning, risky, or potentially harmful to self, others, or the community. The team makes a good faith review of the information provided and suggests a reasonable course of action to mitigate risk, considering the needs of the individual within the context of the community.


Offices and Student Organizations

  • Access Center: The Access Center provides leadership to the university community to ensure that qualified students with disabilities have equal access to University programs, services, and activities through academic accommodations and collaboration in order to advance MSU Denver's commitment to inclusive excellence.
  • Delta Alpha Pi: Delta Alpha is an honor society for the disabled community within the Access Center at Metropolitan State University of Denver.


Off Campus:

  • International Dyslexia Association: This website has tons of resources about Dyslexia. If you go to the Rocky Mountain website it will give you information about the Co branch, but if you go to the original website then you will have overall information about Dyslexia. The website is friendly for all users, part of the website there is a program called Browsealoud which allows the user to use a screen reader, language translator, text magnifier, page simplifier, a screen masking tools, and an audio recording tool. There is also resources that are in infographics. The pdf fact sheets come in both English and Spanish.
    • Website:; Rocky Mountain Branch:
    • Twitter: @dyslexiaIDA
    • Facebook: International Dyslexia Association
    • YouTube: International Dyslexia Association
    • Instagram: Dyslexiaida

  • The Center for People with Disabilities:  The Center for People with Disabilities (CPWD) started in Boulder County in 1977. Their goal is to help with Independent Living Centers. They are one of over 400 Independent Living Centers across the Nation. CPWD now provides Independent Living Services in five counties, providing core services in Independent Living Skills, Advocacy, Information and Referral, and Peer Support.
    • Website:
    • Location: 1675 Range St. Boulder, CO 80301 (Boulder)
    • Phone: 303-442-8662; Toll Free: 888-929-5519
    • Location: 10317 Washington St. Thornton, CO 80229 (Thornton)
    • Email: Howard Levett-
    • Phone: 303-790-1390; Video Phone: 720-459-5341
    • Email:
  • Denver Walk-In Crisis Services: Our purpose is to provide greater access to mental health services, ensuring Coloradans get the right services in the right locations at the right time.
    • Location: 4353 E. Colfax Avenue Denver, CO 80220
    • Hotline: (24/7): 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or TALK to 38255
    • Other services: With a referral from a Crisis Services Clinician, we may send out a mental health professional to provide a face-to-face assessment.

  • Rocky Mountain Cares: : Rocky Mountain Center for AIDS Research Education Services (CARES)’s mission is to provide centralized and comprehensive medical care management, pharmacy, support services, rich education and research resources to a diverse and inclusive Colorado community affected by and infected with HIV/AIDS.

Edit this page