Skip to main content Skip to main content

Types of Aid for Graduate Students

Graduate students will be awarded based on half-time enrollment each aid year.  Half-time enrollment for graduate students is based on 3 graduate credit hours each semester.  Graduate students must be enrolled in at least half-time to be eligible for Federal Direct Stafford Loans.  For enrollment less than half-time the Office of Financial Aid will not be able to process any aid requests.  Any student that is registered more than half-time may request for an increase in their budget based off of the tuition amount they are being charged for their courses.  Student may put the request on a LNEVL, indicating they would like their budget adjusted to reflect the amount of credits hours they are enrolled in.  Aid comes in many types: grants, loans, scholarships, and work-study. Short-term loans serve as a crucial financial bridge to students awaiting their financial aid checks at the beginning of each semester.  The menu on the left will lead you to information that explains each type.