Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The mission of the Office of Facilities Planning is to support the MSU Denver community through capital planning and design, construction project management, facilities maintenance, and event scheduling to allow students, faculty, and staff to learn and work in a safe, collaborative, and sustainable environment. We are the go to folks when you need space studies, project estimates, remodels, repairs, event space, and so much more!
Great question! With more than 150 acres combined on campus, the division of responsibility for buildings is crucial in order to provide efficient and professional support to students, faculty, and staff. Facilities Planning at MSU Denver is largely responsible for custodial services, general building maintenance, repairs, temperature control, access control approvals, and overall support for the following buildings:
- Aerospace and Engineering Sciences Building (AES)
- Student Success Building (SSB)
- Hospitality Learning Center (HLC)
- Regency Athletic Complex (RAC)
- Detroit Institute of Music Education (DIME)
Facilities Services at the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) provides support for tri-institutionally shared buildings such as:
- Administration Building
- Arts Building
- Boulder Creek
- Central Classroom Building
- Cherry Creek
- King Center
- North Classroom
- Plaza Building
- Physical Education / Events Center
- Science Building
- Seventh Street Classroom Building
- West Classroom Building
SchoolDude is a cloud based software that our team utilizes to create, track, and manage work order requests. Work order requests can be in regards to anything from general building maintenance, repairs, and custodial services to estimate requests for future projects.
Once the customer has submitted a work order request, they are able to receive email updates regarding the work order's status. This enables transparency between our team and the customer. It also saves everyone from playing a game of telephone tag!
Use our Setup Guide to help walk you through the process of creating a SchoolDude account.
Our office does not directly encode ID cards or make physical keys. However, all access requests for the MSU Denver community (student employees, faculty, staff) must still be approved by the Office of Facilities Planning. To gain building access, please have your office manager or designated signing authority update your departmental key matrix and e-mail a request to our Facilities Manager.
Many of the lights in the MSU Denver buildings are activated by motion detection. If your overhead lights are turning off prematurely, locate the sensor in the room and ensure that it's range is not obstructed by any objects. Please note that some overhead lights are also programmed to a set schedule. If you feel that the overhead lights in your office or work area are set to an incorrect schedule. please submit a work order and our team will work to find a solution.
Emergencies can range from needing immediate access, power outages, flooding, and fires to suspicious objects, suspicious people, or an active shooter. Please get familiar with the emergency procedures listed below. More information can also be found on the campus Emergency Preparedness page.
Student Success Building
- All lost and found items from the Student Success Building are held at the Information Desk of Enrollment Services. To inquire about your lost item, contact the Information Desk at (303) 556-5740.
Tivoli Student Union
- All lost and found items from the Tivoli (including the Auraria Campus Bookstore) are held for six weeks at the ID Station. After that point, unclaimed items are disposed of or donated. To inquire about your lost item, contact the ID Station at (303) 556-8385.
Auraria Campus Police
- Some items of high value are collected by the Auraria Campus Police Department. If your item is not at the ID Station, please check with with Auraria Campus P.D. at (303) 556-5000 or visit their office in Tivoli 228.