The EPIC Scholars program provides academic and personal supportive services to students with experience in different systems of care (foster care, kinship care, legal guardianship, division of youth services), and students who self-identify as unaccompanied youth, emancipated minors, and independent students through the Financial Aid office. Our mission is to increase access in higher education and post-college careers while empowering students with independent identities to reach their goal of success.
• Be a degree-seeking student that self identifies as independent.
• Applicants must have completed high school successfully with a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or have a current GPA of 2.0 at MSU Denver.
• Be in a minimum 6 credit hours of MSU enrollment during each term covered by award.
• Student must be meeting OFA Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
• Student cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
• Preference given to students who participated previously.
• Applicants must complete and submit a Scholarship Application by the deadline for consideration (see application).
Student Stupport Services
- Individualized academic coaching and emotional support.
- Scholarship opportunities and support with the scholarship search, application and overall process.
- The EPIC Scholars Stipend.
- Graduate school advising and career advising.
- Social events and workshops created to engage and connect students on campus.
- Referrals for housing, food, clothing, health, and Wellness.
- Finals Week Care Packages.
As of Fall 2018 we have changed our name to one that is more inclusive and representative of our students. For more details, check out our story here: https://msudenver.edu/early-bird/2018/08/22-epic-scholars.shtml