National Council of Teachers of English Student Chapter
Real-world Teacher Scholar Experiences
“All of us here at MSU Denver’s NCTE affiliate strive to inspire and re-invigorate each other, as we represent the body of our University’s pre-service teachers. We are so very excited to share everything we have planned for the semester, and we hope you partake!”
Chapter President, Spring 2018
- Favorite Character Costume Contest, Feb. 27 and 28
- #WhyIReadMSUD poster, Feb. 26 - Mar 1, KC 311, for National Read Across America Week
- "Using Social Media for Professional Development," Guest Speaker Aaron DeLay, Feb. 27, KC 421, 5 p.m., NCTE Members free, Non-members $5
- Book Swap, Mar 1, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., KC 421
- Flash Fiction Contest for Students Grades 6 - 12, Submission deadline Mar 1; Check out contest rules at https://www.facebook.com/NCTEMSUDenver/
Volunteer at the National Teen Lit Conference, April 14, Tivoli, beginning at 8 a.m.
- Special Guest Cris Tovani will present “What Every Teacher Should Know about Reading Instruction: How Come Some Students Can Read the Words But Not Remember What They've Read." Tovani is a renowned teacher, consultant, reading specialist, and author. May 2, Confuence Building, Rms 107 - 109; talk 2 p.m.- 4 p.m., dinner 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Subscribe to our blog and follow updates to events at NCTE club web site.
2016-2017 Student Affiliate Chapter Excellence
2015-2016 Student Affiliate Chapter Excellence
2014-2015 Student Affiliate Chapter Excellence
2013-2014 Student Affiliate Chapter Excellence
2012-2013 Student Affiliate Chapter Excellence
Become a Member
Join our award-winning chapter today! NCTE hosts several events throughout the year designed to foster networking and educational community engagement. We look forward to seeing you at our next event! Become a member today.
Return this NCTE Application Spring 2018 to the mailbox of Dr. Jill Adams.
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 2018 Board Members
- President: Katrina Grenell
- Vice-President: De’Jah Travis
- Secretary: Claudia Graham
- Treasurer: Kristin Hogan
- Social Media Manager: Shana Faulkner
- Historian: Hannah Hagin & BriAnn Myers
- Jessica Day
- Trina Medina
- Maria Vargas
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jill Adams
The National Council of Teachers of English is devoted to improving the teaching and learning of English and the language arts at all levels of education. Our mission is promote the development of literacy, the use of language to construct personal and public worlds and to achieve full participation in society, through the learning and teaching of English and the related arts and sciences of language.