MSU Denver's Annual Writing Contest
We Have Winners!
Annual award ceremony Wed., April 25, 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Tivoli 444
We're proud of all the 2018 submissions.
Once again, submissions were outstanding. Selecting the winners proved to be no easy task. Thank you to everyone who shared their writing with us. We hope you'll submit again next Spring!
Writes of Spring is Metropolitan State University of Denver's annual writing contest, open to any registered student. We are accepting entries in the following genres: Academic Essay, Creative Nonfiction, Fiction, Poetry, and Drama/Screenwriting. Submissions not in line with the Contest Rules will be disqualified, so please read them carefully.
- You must be a registered student at MSU Denver at the time of submission.
- You may submit up to (but no more than) two categories (for example, poetry and creative nonfiction).
- You may only offer one entry per category. (You cannot enter two stories for the fiction category, for example).
- All prose pieces (fiction, creative nonfiction, drama/screenwriting, and academic essay) must be no more than ten pages. Poetry should not exceed five pages and should consist of one poem.
- All submissions must be typed and in proper format. For fiction, creative nonfiction and academic essay, this means the piece should be double spaced, in 12 point font and with numbered pages. Drama/screenwriting should be in the appropriate format with numbered pages.
- Staple each individual copy.
- No cover pages. No cover pages. No cover pages.
- You must deliver four copies of your submission. They are not to be stapled together (though each individual copy should be stapled), but rather clipped together.
- Your name must not appear anywhere on the submissions themselves.
- Rather, type out a single index card with the following information:
- Full name
- Phone number
- University ID number
- University email address
- Category (for example, "Fiction")
- Title of piece
This card should be clipped to the front of your submission stack.
- Full name
- Judges rankings and comments will not be made available.
- Submissions should be delivered to the Department of English office (KC 402) no later than Wednesday, March 28th, not even a minute after 3 p.m!
Failure to comply with these rules will result in your submission(s) being disqualified from consideration.