Welcome to the Office of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships!
WE HAVE UPDATED OUR STUDENT TEACHING/RESIDENCY APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE BE PREPARED!
Candidates applying to begin Student Teaching or Residency in Fall 2018 will apply through our web-based application system. An email has been sent to your MSU Denver email address with information regarding a mandatory meeting that you must attend before gaining access to the Student Teaching/Residency application.
CAN'T FIND THE EMAIL? CONTACT STUDENTTEACH@MSUDENVER.EDU.
Our site is designed to provide direct access to relevant information for Students, Cooperating Teachers, and University Student Teaching Supervisors. Visit the appropriate section of the site for details on the student teaching experience by clicking a button below or in the site navigation on the left.
Please review the following general information regarding our office and the student teaching process.
- Maintain all records and processes pertaining to student teaching, residencies, and internships
- Provide student teaching information at important stages in the process
- Advise students of the requirements that must be met to qualify to participate in student teaching, residencies, and internships
- Notify students of all deadlines pertaining to student teaching, residencies, and internships
- Organize and review all documents submitted by students pursuing student teaching, residencies, and internships
- Request, approve, and document all student teaching, residency, and internship placements
- Provide quality supervision for student teaching, residency, and internship assignments
- Monitor the supervision of students participating in student teaching, residency, and internship and solve problems as they arise
- Document program, student teaching, residency, and internship completion
- Provide Colorado approved program verification form to the student, which the student will scan and include in their Colorado Department of Education application.
- Provide other state verification forms as needed
The Student Teaching Handbook provides information on all aspects of the student teaching experience. It covers expectations for the student, cooperating teacher, and university supervisor as well as explanations of the process for placement, evaluation, and verification of completion for licensure. Students, cooperating teachers, and supervisors have access to our website and can view the handbook to obtain information about responsibilities and expectations.