ACADEMIC PROGRAM ASSESSMENT PLAN
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF DENVER
The educational goals are outcomes for the economics program at MSU Denver are listed below. Majors will be evaluated during the senior year in the
ECO 4800 course. At that time, students will also be given the opportunity to assess the program. Students who wish more information on assessment of program goals should contact the department chair or their advisor.
A. EDUCATIONAL GOALS AND OUTCOMES
FOR ECONOMICS, THE STUDENT WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Understand economic theories of value and distribution.
- Understand market structure and the pricing and out put behavior of the firm.
- Understand the use of mathematical models and economic data in hypothesis testing and forecasting.
- Understand the central economic theories, both macro and micro and of the policy implications of these theories.
- Understand the macroeconomics role of fiscal and monetary policy in both an open and closed economy.
- Have the ability to conduct an independent research paper where the project requires the use of the knowledge and skills developed in the required courses of the program. The paper should demonstrate the students ability to:
- think independently
- synthesize ideas
- think and analyze critically.
B. FOR GENERAL STUDIES, THE STUDENT WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Have the ability to think independently.
- Have the ability to think and analyze critically.
- Have the ability to synthesize ideas.
- Have appropriate reading skills.
- Have appropriate writing skills.
- Have appropriate speaking skills.
- Have appropriate quantitative reasoning skills.