Keep up with the latest happenings in the Meteorology Program
New Broadcast Meteorology Course this spring!
This spring, Professor and CBS4 Meteorologist Chris Spears is offering MTR/JRN 290A: Broadcast Meteorology. It will be Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30-1:45 in the Auraria Media Center where the class will have access to the green screen and the MAX computer system for creating weather imagery! This will count as a meteorology elective.
You will learn how to…
- develop a weather forecast
- build graphics to tell your weather story using the Max computer
- present weather on live TV using the green screen
- do live weather reports from the field
- and much, much more including valuable adlib/improv skills and how to interact with other members of a news operation, such as anchors, producers and directors
Students, Alumni, and Faculty attend American Meteorological Society Conference in Phoenix in early January
Congratulations Fall 2018 Graduates!