“I’m First Gen Too” campaign launches
One-third of Roadrunners are first-generation students. Here are 5 five things you can do to support them.
January 16, 2018
1. More than half of MSU Denver faculty and staff surveyed identified themselves as first-gen graduates. Watch the video below to learn more.
2. If you are a first-gen college graduate … wear your “I’m First Gen Too” shirt or button throughout the semester and use the hashtag #ImFirstGenToo to share your experiences and advice on social media.
3. If you’re not a first-gen college graduate … search the hashtag #ImFirstGenToo on social media and share your colleagues’ stories. Help connect students to first-gen faculty and staff throughout the semester.
4. Participate in a Roadrunners First training to learn more about supporting first-gen students.
5. Advice from Roadrunners First: Don’t make assumptions about students. There are more than 6,000 first-gen students on campus, and they come from all different backgrounds. We’ll be telling first-gen stories throughout the semester!