MSU Denver Student Employment Opportunities
Teaching Apprentice Job Description
A learning lab for art educators, all programs in the CVA's Young Artist Studio are led by MSU Denver art education students. Supported by the Education Director, CVA Teaching Apprentices transition successfully from college into careers in schools, community and arts organizations. Teaching Apprentices develop curriculum and teach youth and family programs after-school, evenings and summers. Teaching Apprentices will be expected to work with contemporary learning practices in a variety of visual art media.
- Data management
- Studio maintenance
- Curriculum development
- Community outreach and engagement
- Teaching youth and adult programs
- Documentation of learning
- Assist with grant writing
The ideal candidate:
- Is an art education student with a minimum of one year of coursework complete
- Has a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Brings teaching or applicable professional experience
- Is Microsoft Office and Google platform proficient
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in written form
- Is reliable, organized, capable of working independently, detail and deadline oriented
Must be enrolled at MSU Denver. Approximately 5 hours/week. This position begins January 9, 2017. Compensation is $10.50/hour, work-study accepted. Applicants please send resume and cover letter to Talya Dornbush, Education Director at CVA, firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is December 5, 2016
Work Study Preferred
Hourly Wage: Part time, $10.50/hour
Start Date: January 2017
Supervisor: Talya Dornbush, Education Director
Gallery Assistant Job Description
As a contributing member of the Center for Visual Art’s team, the candidate will provide general gallery assistance to uphold the CVA’s creative mission and vision. The Gallery Assistant position is part time – up to 25 hours per week. Responsibilities include assistance with:
Required: enrolled at MSU Denver with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Qualifications include: reliability, organizational skills, ability to work independently while meeting firm deadlines, detail oriented. Candidates must be available some evenings and weekends. Candidates must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours.
Gallery Assistant / Graphic Designer Job Description
As a contributing member of the Center for Visual Art’s team, the candidate will provide both general gallery and graphic design assistance to uphold the CVA’s creative mission and vision. The Gallery Assistant / Graphic Designer position is part time – up to 25 hours per week. Responsibilities include assistance with:
- Art handling & installation
- Gallery maintenance
- Arts administration
- Acting as gallery representative to patrons
- Programming assistance – event set up and staffing
- Opportunity to participate in student-run gallery space
- Work in a team environment to design advertising, exhibition cards, catalogs, posters, emails, website banners, signage, etc.
- File prep & maintenance
- Obtaining bids
- Communicate with vendors
- Other duties as applicable
Required: enrolled at MSU Denver with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Communication Design major preferred. Working knowledge of Adobe Suite required. Other important qualifications include: reliability, organizational skills, ability to work independently while meeting firm deadlines, detail oriented. Candidate must be available some evenings and weekends. Candidates must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours.
Application Process: Please submit resume and cover letter to Jenna Miles via email at email@example.com with the subject noted as: Gallery Assistant or Gallery Assistant / Graphic Designer.