CPS Advising Mission Statement
MSU Denver academic advising empowers students to define and navigage their paths toward achieving their educational, career, and life goals. The College of Professional Studies (CPS) primary objective is student success and CPS Advising achieves this through teaching students to make informed choices, providing clear, accurate, and timely guidance and support.
Services our office provides include (but are not limited to):
- Advising for major and minor requirements in CPS. Click here to view the programs CPS currently offers.
- Advising on general studies for CPS majors.
- Advising for overall academic policies and procedures.
- Advising for basic degree requirements for graduation.
- Removal of Orientation/Advising holds, 45-credit hour general studies holds, and 60-credit hour general studies holds.
- Declaration of majors and minors.
- Completion of Math peer study contracts and overrides for math courses (for eligible students).
- Interpretation of Accuplacer test results for English, Math, and Reading.
To learn more about our contact information and advising within our departments, view our contact page.