Office of the Controller
Below is a list of policies and rules that Accounting Services would like for you to review:
- The Employee Gift Policy establishes policies and procedures associated with employee gifts including cash cards, gift certificates, gift coupons and property.
- The Food & Beverage Policy identifies the rules behind the per diem rates and the definitions for official functions. It also explains when food is considered a supply and what the University restrictions are for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- The Revenue Policy provides guidance regarding the identification of different types of incoming revenue (money) and revenue generating programs; the pre-approval process for engaging in revenue generating activities; and the subsequent use of revenue being brought into the University.
- The Gift Card Policy identifies requirements and procedures associated with gifts of cash cards, gift certificates, gift coupons, and property. Correct implementation of these procedures ensures that the University’s assets are protected and that applicable taxes are withheld when necessary.
- The Procurement Rules covers the rules that are designed to support and facilitate the educational, research, and public service missions of the University.
- The Fiscal Rules is the most current guidance regarding MSU Denver’s fiscal rules, including information about internal controls, accounting policies, and financial reporting for the University.