Office of the Controller
Welcome to the Corporate Card webpage for Metropolitan State University of Denver.
The Corporate Card is a MasterCard, issued to a specific individual or department, through Wells Fargo. The card is used by MSU Denver employees to purchase goods and services for University use. The authorized cardholder is able to purchase directly on behalf of MSU Denver, thereby allowing tax-exempt use. This Corporate card replaces the Procurement card, the Event card, and the Travel card. These Corporate cards are used for all purchases on behalf of MSU Denver. Please consult the handbook and trainings below before getting started:
The training & handbook materials are in the process of being updated with information on Chrome River. In the interim, please contact the Corporate Card Administrator at the email@example.com inbox to request an application and relevant training materials.
If you have any questions, concerns, increase requests, or statements relating to the corporate card, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- The Corporate Card Cycle is the 21st – 20th of each month IE: The March lasts from February 21st—March 20th
- NOTE: The June cycle lasts from May 21st—June 30th
- NOTE: The July cyle lasts from July 1st—July 20th
- The Reallocation Period ends at 11:00pm on the 25th of each month.
- Statements are due on the last business day of the month.
- Encumbrances must be in the proper format IE: PO = V17XXXXX, SPO= E17XXXXX
- Your account code of your default FOAPAL has been left blank in the CEO Portal. This will require you to review and reallocate your transactions each month.
- When activating your card, you create a PIN number. This pin is NOT to be used at an ATM.
- You have the option to opt into text or email alerts from Wells Fargo.
- Below is a comprehensive list of the allowable services on the Corporate Card, and related encumbrances.
In this section, cardholder will find all of the necessary forms that relate to Corporate Card accounts and transactions.
- Departmental Card Use Log
- A log that is kept to track the following information and is submitted with each Departmental Corporate Card monthly statement.
- Departmental Card Role Affirmation Form
- Lists the cardholder, reallocator & authorized signer. This must be completed when applying for a new Departmental Corporate Card or when there are changes to a Cardholder’s account. This form is meant to document people's understanding of their role as it relates to the Corporate Card.
- Corporate Card Role Affirmation Form
- Lists the cardholder, reallocator & authorized signer. This must be completed when applying for a new Corporate Card or when there are changes to a Cardholder’s account. This form is meant to document people's understanding of their role as it relates to the Corporate Card.
- Ricoh Credit Card Authorization Form
- This Credit Card Authorization Form is used to sign up for automatic monthly payments via Corporate Card. Ricoh is the mandatory award vendor for copier leases; our agreement includes mandatory automatic payments for the monthly administrative fee and copy charges. The monthly base rent is paid through AP.
- Cardholder Violation
- Used to notify a Cardholder of a violation of Corporate Card policies. This form is signed by the Authorized Signer and the Cardholder and included with the monthly statement.
In this section, you will find all of the procedures necessary for tracking your Corporate Card expenses.
- Statement Download
- These instructions are for downloading your Wells Fargo Corporate Card Statements. Corporate Card Statements are due to Accounting Services firstname.lastname@example.org by the last business day of the month.
- Split-Transactions Statement Download
- These instructions walk cardholders and/or reallocators through how to properly document split transactions on their monthly statements.
- Viewing Corporate Card Documents
- These instructions walk departments through viewing Corporate Card statements in Banner Finance.
- Reallocation Process
- These instructions are for reallocating your Wells Fargo Corporate Card transactions. Corporate Card reallocations are due by 11:00pm, five calendar days after the close of the cycle. Transactions may be reallocated at any time throughout the cycle, and up until the last day of the grace period.
- Disputing a Transaction
- These instructions are for dealing with transactions that are not recognized. Cardholders and reallocators have 60 days from the posting date to dispute a transaction.
- Corporate Card Benefits
- This Corporate Card Guide to Benefits describes the valuable programs available to you as a cardholder.