Office of the Controller
Accounting Services is comprised of the University’s Accounts Payable, Asset, Business, Grant, Contract, and Payroll services. These groups:
Maintain the integrity of the University’s financial data.
Provide accountability for University funds and assets through the application of professional accounting standards, governmental regulations, and sound business practices.
Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis to both internal and external users.
Facilitate informed and constructive management decisions.
Provide support to various other University departments through oversight, training, and internal control policies.
Provide timely payments of Payroll and Accounts Payable transactions.
Accounting Services strives to be recognized as a core contributor to the success of the University's mission. Accounting Services strives to be a leader at MSU Denver for the implementation of the principles of democratic design.
This is a copy of the Colorado State Statute C.R.S. 23-54-101 which established Metropolitan State University of Denver as a University, and expanded its role to include master’s degree programs.
This is a copy of the Colorado State Statute C.R.S. 23-54-102, which established the Board of Trustees for Metropolitan State College of Denver in July, 2002.
This is a copy of Colorado Senate Bill 12-148, recording the MSU Denver’s name change from Metropolitan State College of Denver to Metropolitan State University of Denver, and expanding the University’s role and mission to include master’s degree programs.
Below are five distinct services that Accounting Services provide. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Accounts Payable (A/P) is the department responsible for paying the University’s financial obligations.
- Assets is composed of cash, fixed assets, and the feed of Banner transactions for the state system. Additionally, Assets prepares the University's financial statements.
- Contracts & Business Services works with departments to provide contract, risk management, mobile device, and vehicle request services.
- Grant & Contract Accounting provides support to the University in administering sponsored projects.
- Payroll provides complete payroll services to faculty, staff and student employees.