Skip to main content Skip to main content

CJC Department Advising

The CJC department offers academic and career advising on a walk-in, first-come-first-served basis during faculty office hours. For an advising hours, please call 303-556-2980. Questions about General Studies or general degree requirements: Contact the College of Professional Studies Advising office in West Classroom 153, call 303-556-3304, or visit their website:  


Important Advising Announcements!!

  • Degree Progress Report  - Degree Progress Report is an academic advising tool that students use in conjunction with their advisors throughout their academic careers. Students who are declared for the 2012 catalog and after use Degree Works for advising. For more information, see here

  •  Academic advising  - The Catalogs are available on the University Catalog. When you meet with an advisor, bring a copy of your Degree Progress Report and come with specific questions. This will make for an efficient advising session and allows us to serve more of our students.

  • Registration holds - There are many reasons that you may not be allowed to register, these can range from not providing immunization documentation to not completing your required Math course within 45 credits. If you have a hold on your account, check your CAPP report to find more information about it or you can contact the College of Professional Studies Advising Office. If the hold is specific to the department, then you may meet with your department's academic advisor.


New Curriculum for New CJC Majors

The CJC Department has made some big curriculum changes for new CJC majors/minors beginning Fall 2013. CJC majors/minors prior to Fall 2013 will continue with their catalog year entry curriculum but there may be some approved substitutions. See below for the new curriculum and approved course substitutions.

CJC Degree Requirement 

Approved Course Substitution List

Edit this page