MULTI is a Community Approach to Engaging Students and Teachers in Effective STEM Education
MULTI (NSF 1615193) will advance efforts of the Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers (ITEST) program to better understand and promote practices that increase students' motivations and capacities to pursue careers in fields of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) by implementing a strategy that purposefully combines educational methodologies based on the Global Learning and Observation to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) program. Students will have opportunities to increase knowledge and skills. Pre-service and in-service teachers will participate in sessions that will help them attract and retain more students in education pathways to STEM careers. The goal is to modify and refine a community-based model that will comprehensively address teacher preparedness and student participation in STEM fields.
STEM Events and Resources
Learn about local events in Metro Denver...
- Discover STEM An online resource of STEM happenings for parents, educators and community members
- International Virtual Science Symposium
- GLOBE Heat Island Campaign
- Super easy! Take 3 measurements in December!
- Register: https://www.globe.gov/es/web/surface-temperature-field-campaign/overview
- GLOBE Mission Mosquito Campaign
- Full day of training March 15... 8:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Boulder, CO
- Register: https://www.globe.gov/web/mission-mosquito
- GLOBE Student Research Symposium (SRS)
- This event is designed for the middle and high school STEM researchers in your midst. Contact Dr. Richard Wagner for information. More details to come...
- May 17 and 18
- Mescalero, NM
Don’t forget our upcoming dates, and please share them…
Spring Workshop Dates
Save the dates and check back for more information and registration links
- Denver - Auraria Campus - Science 1086
- Saturday, May 4 - NSTA Virtual Conference: English Learners in STEM Subjects
- 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Register: https://www.globe.gov/get-trained/workshops/workshop/jT1U/111603
Summer Institute Dates
Train the Trainer - MULTI Summer Institute
This is our third annual MULTI Summer STEM Institute. We’ll be going through GLOBE protocols for dissolved oxygen and water temperature in depth, from setting up your site to utilizing data visualizations.
June 5 - 7
8:00 am to 3:00 pm each day
On-site in Denver, Colorado - Auraria Campus - Science 1086
- Register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBcGNiVbfz9dbP9d2Ye5Cls9RHZB_0pcmCbjbT9mjwU-7pYQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Need a STEM Workshop or Instruction Development?
The MULTI teaching staff and partners are available to assist in the development and instruction of the following STEM topics. For information or to set up a workshop at your location contact Janelle Johnson or Richard Wagner
- Mass, volume, and density
- Human biology and health
- Atoms and elements
- Chemical bonds
- pH/acid-base reactions
- Earth Science
- Rocks and minerals
- Weather and seasons
- Soil and erosion
- Climate change
- Water treatment and filtration
- Wetland construction
- "Build a..." solar water heater, rocket, etc.
- Climate changes and ecosystems
- Grassland and Bison ecology
- Soil erosion
- Geography and topography