Career Evaluation Workshop
Course Title: Career Evaluation Workshop
The Career Evaluation Workshop is a 1-credit hour Career & Personal Development (CPD) course offered by the Institute for Women's Studies and Services. This course will focus on career evaluation and will assist students in acquiring the skills and attitudes to plan effectively for and manage the changes they will experience during their work lives.
Student Learning Objectives
- Recognize that a career is a life-long process that involves continuous evaluation and reprioritizing of values.
- Identify personal interests, skills, and values and compare with several career options.
- Demonstrate skills involved in researching occupations.
- Reflect on decision making style and set short- and long-term goals.
- Learn how to write a resume and conduct a job search
The course is usually offered once each semester and is scheduled on two Saturdays from 9:00-5:00. Review the class schedule or talk with your academic advisor to learn more.