Tax ID Rules for the 1098-T
In order to provide a 1098-T to you for tax purposes, the Internal Revenue Service requires you to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to your school.
BY TAKING NO ACTION AFTER RECEIVING A REQUEST FOR YOUR SSN/ITIN, YOU ARE RISKING BEING ASSESSED A PENALTY FEE BY THE IRS!
If you have already have a SSN or ITIN, you can update your account online through the Student Hub:
- Go to your Student Hub
- Click on "Main Menu" button listed under "Web Services".
- Click on the "Personal Information Menu" tab.
- Select the "Social Security Number Change Information" link.
- Enter SSN/ITIN, then reenter it before clicking on the "update" button.
- System will provide a message verifying SSN/ITIN is updated.
You can also fill out the W-9S Form and either fax, email or hand deliver to the Office of the Bursar.