CHECK YOUR INBOX FOR YOUR 2018 1098-T!
This year, MSU Denver will be e-mailing your 2018 1098-T directly to your Student Hub e-mail by January 31, 2019.
GET YOUR 1098-T INFO FROM STUDENT HUB
Your 2018 1098-T is also available electronically through the Student Hub to download and print from your computer after January 31, 2019.
- Log onto the Student Hub.
- Select "Student Financial Services" Tab.
- Click on "Tax Notification".
- Enter 2018 in the field requesting "Year" and click "Submit".
- Print screen for your personal records.
**Please call the Office of the Bursar at (303) 615-0070 with any questions**
What is Form 1098-T?
Educational institutions are required to file a Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, with the IRS and to provide a copy of the form to the student, for each enrolled student for whom there is a reportable transaction. A reportable transaction includes payments received, or refunds made for tuition and related expenses.
On this page you can navigate to different topics about the 1098-T such as obtaining the 1098-T, tax identification compliance, and FAQs. If you get stuck, feel free to contact us.
IMPORTANT TAX CHANGES FOR THE 2018 1098-T FORM!
IRS regulations now require all Universities and Colleges to report Payments in Box 1. Box 2 reporting is no longer allowed. Due to these changes, all payments for the Fall 2018 Term must be received prior to 8:00 PM MST December 31, 2018.
Payments for past due amounts for previous tax years will not be reported on your 1098-T.
- Payments online may be received up until 8:00 PM MST December 31, 2018 to be included on your 1098-T. We accept checks, debit and credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover).
- Payments from 529 plans and wire payments may take up to seven (7) business days to process once received by MSU Denver’s Cashiering Office.
- Payments by mail or in person must be received by noon on December 21, 2018 as our office closes down for Winter Break. Please consider postal delays during the holiday season.