Welcome to the Office of the Bursar
We work to provide the best services to students by providing accurate billing, Perkins loans, and various payment options. We strive for fast accurate service to help make your university experience a pleasant one.
The Office of the Bursar assists students in meeting their educational goals by offering excellent customer service while providing financial services to students, their families, and university employees. We provide correct assessments of student balances, offer flexible payment options, and educate students and their families about their financial rights and responsibilities in relation to the university.
Did you know the IRS is doing away with Box 2 reporting on your 1098-T this year?
All Universities and Colleges will now be reporting payments as opposed to charges billed. Due to these changes, all payments for the Fall 2018 Term must be received prior to 8:00 PM MST December 31, 2018.
Payments for past due amounts for previous tax years will not be reported on your 1098-T.
- Payments online may be received up until 8:00 PM MST December 31, 2018 to be included on your 1098-T. We accept checks, debit and credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover).
- Payments from 529 plans and wire payments may take up to seven (7) business days to process once received by MSU Denver’s Cashiering Office.
- Payments by mail or in person must be received by noon on December 21, 2018 as our office closes down for Winter Break. Please consider postal delays during the holiday season.
CHECK YOUR INBOX FOR YOUR 2018 1098-T!
This year, MSU Denver will be e-mailing your 2018 1098-T directly to your Student Hub e-mail by January 31, 2019.
Detail for your 2018 1098-T is available electronically through the Student Hub to download and print from your computer after January 31, 2019.
- Log onto the Student Hub.
- Select "Student Financial Services" Tab.
- Click on "Tax Notification".
- Enter 2017 in the field requesting "Year" and click "Submit".
- Print screen for your personal records.
**Please call the Office of the Bursar at (303) 615-0070 with any questions**
Linking you to money info
Learning to be informed is an important skill you can use as a student and take with you after graduation. Check out some important info that relates to your finances this month.