The strength of our brand relies on consistent, appropriate use of the University’s name.
Always use the full name Metropolitan State University of Denver when you refer to the University for the first time in a publication, website, video or other communication piece. On second reference you may use the University or MSU Denver — a moniker that emphasizes the “U” in “university” and our urban location in the city of Denver.
- Do not use “the” prior to the full name, as in: The Metropolitan State University of Denver offers 55 undergraduate majors.
- Do not use “of” in the shortened name, as in: MSU of Denver offers 55 undergraduate majors.
- Do not refer to the institution as “Metro” or “Metro State” in formal written communications.
- Never use “University of Denver” in a stand-alone context when writing about MSU Denver.
- Do not use the acronym MSUD to describe the University.
Marketing and Communications adheres to the Associated Press Stylebook as its primary reference on style for non-academic written communications.