At MSU Denver, we believe our admissions process should be easy.
Students and their families can visit with an admissions counselor any time our office is open. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. If you would prefer to speak with one of our bilingual admissions counselors, please call us at 303-556-3187 or fill out the contact form on this page.
Our diverse student body includes students of different ages and backgrounds:
- First-time undergraduates. These students are applying to university for the first time—regardless of their age.
- Transfer students. MSU Denver educates more transfer students than any other Colorado university. Transfer students include those switching from community colleges or from other four-year universities.
- Military veterans. MSU Denver consistently ranks as one of the best institutions of higher education for veterans, providing support services and relevant programs.
- Master’s. MSU Denver offers five master’s programs for students pursuing graduate degrees in Business Administration, Health Administration, Professional Accountancy, Social Work and Teacher Education.
- Adult Students. These include those who already have a degree or are working to increase their marketability or obtain a certification.
The admissions process
The following students must provide ACT or SAT test results and their official high school transcripts with their GPA and class rank.
- Students who are 19 years old or younger on September 15 applying for the summer session or fall semester
- Students who are 19 years old or younger on February 15 applying for the spring semester
- Note: If a student has a GED diploma, he/she does not need to provide ACT or SAT test results.
The following students don’t have to provide documentation showing their GPA, class rank or ACT or SAT test results as long as they have graduated from high school or received a GED diploma or the equivalent:
- Students who are 20 years old or younger on September 15 applying for either the summer session or fall semester
- Students who are 20 years old or younger on February 15 applying for the spring semester
- Note: If a student has a GED diploma issued by the military, the diploma will be considered on an individual basis.
If you would like to receive personalized assistance from our bilingual Admissions Counselor, please use the following contact information:
Información en español
MSU Denver cuenta con empleados totalmente bilingües disponibles para dar información y apoyo personalizado en español a los estudiantes futuros y sus familias. ¿Tiene alguna pregunta sobre el proceso de inscripciones o sobre la ayuda financiera?
Para que podamos conectarle con la persona correcta en MSU Denver, por favor complete el formulario ubicado a la izquierda de cada página. También puede llamarnos al 303-605-5691 y dejar un mensaje en nuestro buzón de voz. Encontraremos a la persona adecuada que se comunicará con usted cuando le sea conveniente.