NetID Account Information
About Your MSU Denver NetID
Your MSU Denver NetID is the first part of your MSU Denver email address, before the @. All students, faculty, and staff at MSU Denver are provided with a NetID and password when they join the university. Your NetID permits secure access to a variety of applications and services, including:
Your password synchronizes automatically—if you change your NetID password, all of the accounts listed above will use the new password. You can change your NetID password by using the Password Reset Program.
When are NetID accounts created?
- Student NetID accounts are created within 24 hours of when the student is accepted by the University.
- Faculty and staff NetID accounts are created within 24 hours of their position's official start date.
When are NetID accounts deactivated?
- Student NetID accounts are deactivated when the student is no longer an active student with the University. According to academic policy, students are considered inactive after three consecutive semesters of non-attendance. This includes the Summer semester.
- Faculty and staff NetID accounts are deactivated as soon as they leave their position.
Managing your NetID account:
- The only way to change your NetID password is to first sign up for the Password Reset Program. Once you are signed up, you will be able to reset your password. You will not be able to use the Password Reset Program until you have signed up for it.
- Faculty passwords are scheduled to expire every 180 days. Staff passwords are scheduled to expire every 90 days. You will receive email notifications when the expiration time is approaching that recommend you change your password soon.
- When being changed, NetID passwords must meet the following minimum security requirements:
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters long.
- Passwords must include a capital letter, lowercase letter, and number.
- Passwords cannot contain your name or username.
- Passwords cannot match (or closely resemble) any password you have used in the past two years.
- Once changed, your NetID password will automatically sync to all connected systems, so you should be able to use your new password immediately. Exceptions:
- MSU Denver laptop computers cannot update their login password until they are connected to the local campus wired network (either by connecting it to an Ethernet cable or, if applicable, plugging it into its docking station). Once connected, the computer should update the password automatically, but for best results, ensure you are able to sign in to the computer before disconnecting.
Additional Systems and Services with Alternate Authentication
Terminal 4 is MSU Denver's Web Content Management System (WCMS), developed as an effort to support and improve MSU Denver’s Web presence, and is co-sponsored by Marketing and Communications and Information Technology Services. Terminal 4 has been implemented to support the creation, management, delivery and sharing of Web content across the University while promoting quality, consistency, accessibility, and security. For more information about Terminal 4, please visit https://msudenver.edu/wcms/.
The Student Success Collaborative is advising and retention software used by MSU Denver academic advisors to help students persist through graduation, accessible through the Faculty and Staff Hub. For more information about this service, please visit https://www.eab.com/technology/student-success-collaborative. To request access to this service, please contact Stephanie Allen.
Last Update: March 2019
If you have additional questions, concerns, or need immediate assistance - Please contact the MSU Denver Helpdesk.