NetID Account Information
|About Your MSU Denver NetID|
As part of ITS’s ongoing efforts to consolidate services, streamline account management, and improve the campus technology experience, an increasing number of systems will authenticate using the MSU Denver NetID. This is the same username that all current faculty, students and staff already have (the first part of their email address - everything before the @ symbol).
All students, faculty, and staff at MSU Denver are provided with a NetID and password when they join the university. Your NetID permits secure access to a variety of applications and services, including:
Your password synchronizes automatically—if you change your NetID password, all of the accounts listed above will use the new password. Use the Password Reset Program to change your NetID password.
Who gets a NetID account?
- All currently-enrolled students.
- Students who were previously enrolled and attended courses (without fully withdrawing) up to three semesters ago (including Summer).
- All currently-employed faculty and staff.
When do you get a NetID account?
- Student NetID accounts are created within 24 hours of when the student is accepted by the University.
- Faculty and Staff member accounts are created within 24 hours of when they become a registered employee of the University.
Managing your NetID account:
- The only way to change your NetID password is to first sign up for the Password Reset Program. Once you are signed up, you will be able to reset your password. You will not be able to use the Password Reset Program until you have signed up for it.
- Faculty passwords are scheduled to expire every 180 days. Staff passwords are scheduled to expire every 90 days. You will receive email notifications when the expiration time is approaching that recommend you change your password soon.
- When being changed, NetID passwords must meet the following minimum security requirements:
- Passwords must be at least 10 characters long.
- Passwords must include a capital letter, lowercase letter, and number.
- Passwords cannot contain your name or username.
- Passwords cannot match (or closely resemble) any password you have used in the past two years.
- Once changed, your NetID password will automatically sync to all connected systems, so you should be able to use your new password immediately. Exceptions:
- MSU Denver laptop computers cannot update their login password until they are connected to the local campus wired network (either by connecting it to an Ethernet cable or, if applicable, plugging it into its docking station). Once connected, the computer should update the password automatically, but for best results, ensure you are able to sign in to the computer before disconnecting.
Additional Systems and Services with Alternate Authentication
Terminal 4 is MSU Denver's Web Content Management System (WCMS), developed as an effort to support and improve MSU Denver’s Web presence, and is co-sponsored by Marketing and Communications and Information Technology Services. Terminal 4 has been implemented to support the creation, management, delivery and sharing of Web content across the University while promoting quality, consistency, accessibility, and security. For more information about Terminal 4, please visit https://msudenver.edu/wcms/.
The Student Success Collaborative is advising and retention software used by MSU Denver academic advisors to help students persist through graduation, accessible through the Faculty and Staff Hub. For more information about this service, please visit https://www.eab.com/technology/student-success-collaborative. To request access to this service, please contact Stephanie Allen.
If you have additional questions, concerns, or need immediate assistance - Please contact the MSU Denver Help Desk.