The Department of Music strives to cultivate confident, creative and skilled musicians and to serve as a leader in the education of professional performers, teachers, composers and scholars.
Through public performances and educational outreach, our students, faculty and guest artists create opportunities for public access to excellence in the arts, thus promoting the cultural life of the college and the surrounding region.
Students here can take advantage of the following unique opportunities:
- Learn from our internationally recognized faculty of performers and scholars with real-world professional experience and dedication to your success.
- Receive private studio instruction, available in both classical and jazz traditions, for voice, piano, guitar, woodwinds, brass, percussion and strings.
- Work and perform at the King Center performing arts complex, one of the most dynamic and revered performance facilities in the nation.
- Intern with organizations like the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, which serve as steppingstones to employment and professional careers.
- Gain diverse performing experience by joining one of 23 ensembles, including orchestras, bands, choirs, jazz bands and combos, African drumming and Balinese gamelan, as well as a wide variety of chamber ensembles.
Students seeking a music minor at MSU Denver complete 24 semester hours of music courses.
Other graduation requirements apply.
Musics of the World
Intro to Musical Styles and Research
MSU Denver is an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
BACK TO ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Admissions and Transfer Counselors are available on a walk-in basis.