Bachelor of Science or Arts
The Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts degree programs in mathematics at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) provide students with the foundation to become successful in various concentration areas and to apply logical reasoning and mathematical skills throughout their careers and lives.
The degree programs in mathematics offer concentrations in the following areas:
• Theoretical math
• Applied math
• Probability and statistics
• Mathematics education (with secondary teaching licensure)
The Bachelor of Science degree program is for students who minor in computer science, engineering technology or a natural science, while the Bachelor of Arts is for students who minor in other areas.
Benefits of Earning Your Degree at MSU Denver
The Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences delivers the academic content you expect in a bachelor degree program while also bringing to the table everything that’s unique about MSU Denver’s people and our city’s mathematics community. Students here have the advantage of the following unique opportunities:
• Enjoy attending classes on a vibrant and diverse campus located in downtown Denver.
• Benefit from small classes and experienced professors who are accessible and supportive.
• Tailor your curriculum to fit specific mathematical interests and promote your career goals.
• Participate in a variety of research opportunities and independent studies in special topics.
• Take our SAS programming course, which prepares you for the SAS certification exam.
• Take a computational statistics course that is certified VEE (Validation of Educational Experience).
• Learn to solve problems using computing and other state-of-the-art technological tools.
Career Opportunities for Our Graduates
Mathematics is a desired qualification for many employers. Earning a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from MSU Denver prepares students for further graduate studies or for a variety of careers, such as:
And many others
Some careers may require further education or training.
Hear from our students:
“Earning my degree in mathematics is helping shape my future career by creating possibilities rather than determining what I have to do.”
—Joey May (BS in mathematics and philosophy 2015)
Alumni at Work
A few organizations that have hired graduates of MSU Denver’s mathematics degree programs include:
Great Western Bank
Denver Public Schools
Bank of America
rabble + rouser
Other graduates have gone on to pursue advanced degrees at schools such as:
University of Colorado Denver
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Colorado School of Mines
Colorado State University
University of North Carolina
University of North Texas
University of New Mexico
University of Wyoming
University of Kentucky
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Bowling Green State University
University of Nevada, Reno
Oregon State University
History of Math
Teaching Secondary Mathematics
The bachelor degree programs in mathematics at MSU Denver are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).