Bachelor of Science
A Bachelor of Science (BS) in management from Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage and lead successfully within the context of globalization and with an appreciation for diversity.
As a management major, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary for effective leadership as well as the social and ethical intricacies of management.
Students can supplement their degree by selecting one of the following concentrations:
- Entrepreneurship—helps prepare students to start a business and to bring an entrepreneurial mindset into corporate settings daily
- Human Resource Management—provides students with practical knowledge and skills to maximize employee potential in the workplace
- International Business—provides detailed information about the functions that play important roles in the international business arena
- Operations and Supply Chain Management—teaches principles, concepts and tools that are useful in the analysis and effective management of service operations and projects
Benefits of Earning Your Degree at MSU Denver
The Department of Management delivers all of the academic content you expect from a bachelor’s degree program while also bringing to the table everything that’s unique about MSU Denver’s people and the city’s business community. Students here have the following unique opportunities:
- Attend classes on a vibrant and diverse campus in the heart of downtown, just minutes from Denver’s robust Central Business District.
- Benefit from small classes and extensive interaction with experienced faculty dedicated to helping you achieve your education and career goals.
- Enjoy flexible schedules, including many online course offerings that are available 24/7 so you can attend class at your convenience.
- Gain practical experience through class projects and internships that can jump-start your career and provide real-world business connections.
- Join Students of Business, a registered student organization that provides interdisciplinary learning opportunities for business students.
- Save by attending one of the most affordable programs in the state at a university that’s listed by Forbes as one of the best for return on investment.
Career Opportunities for Our Graduates
A management degree from MSU Denver prepares students for further graduate studies or to pursue careers in human resource management, operations management, entrepreneurship or general management. The curriculum also provides students with the qualities and necessary skills to be a successful executive/general manager.
— Amy Nelson (BS in management 2014)
Employment and Human Resource Law
Organizational and Management Consulting
International Business Law
The degree programs in the Department of Management at MSU Denver are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
BACK TO ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Admissions and Transfer Counselors are available on a walk-in basis.