Human services, nonprofit studies
Bachelor of Science
The Bachelor of Science degree program in human services at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) prepares students who choose the nonprofit studies concentration to become competent, self-reflective nonprofit administrators.
Students seeking a degree in human services with a nonprofit studies concentration focus specifically on the knowledge, skills and experience necessary for management jobs in the nonprofit sector.
Benefits of Earning Your Degree at MSU Denver
A degree in human services at MSU Denver delivers the academic content you expect from a bachelor’s program while also bringing to the table everything that’s unique about MSU Denver’s people and our city’s nonprofit community. Our students have the following unique opportunities:
• Learn in small classes from faculty with diverse leadership backgrounds as well as real-world knowledge and experience.
• Participate in intensive/immersion field experience by completing 750 hours working in a nonprofit agency as part of your degree plan.
• Take advantage of opportunities to connect to leaders through site visits, class projects, field experience and guest lecturers.
• Apply classroom knowledge in a real nonprofit setting through service-learning opportunities in various local nonprofit organizations.
• Prepare for jobs in the field through our class that covers résumé development, cover letter writing and interview skills.
Career Opportunities for Our Graduates
Human services graduates with a nonprofit studies concentration are prepared to pursue advanced degrees or to hold career titles that can include:
• Executive director
• CEO or CFO
• Volunteer coordinator/manager
• Program developer/designer
• Development director
• Financial manager
• Program manager
• Grant writer
—Jonathon Smith (BS in human services, nonprofit studies, 2014)
Development and Administration of Volunteer Programs
Fundraising Strategies for Nonprofits
Human Resource Development for Nonprofit Organizations
Designing the 21st Century Nonprofit
The degree in human services at MSU Denver is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and the Council for Standards in Human Services Education.
BACK TO ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Admissions and Transfer Counselors are available on a walk-in basis.