Hospitality, Tourism, and Events
Studying in the Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Events (HTE) at Metropolitan State University
of Denver (MSU Denver) offers the following unique advantages:
• Learn in one of only 11 campus-based teaching hotels in the U.S. and the only one in Colorado.
• Benefit from small classes where you will get personal attention; the average class size is 32.
• Enjoy guidance from industry-experienced faculty members who are dedicated to your success.
• Get involved in a variety of industry-related professional organizations for students on campus.
• Volunteer in high-profile settings in conjunction with local chapters of professional associations.
• Become a certified sommelier through International Sommelier Guild classes right on campus.
• Study abroad in locations such as the Caribbean, the Czech Republic and Argentina.
• Complete a hospitality internship or work at first-class hotels and venues in downtown Denver.
• Get hands-on experience in our award-winning Hospitality Learning Center, a spacious
academic building and learning laboratory that includes:
• The SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, a fully functioning hotel with 150 rooms
• The Metropolitan Grill, a 72-seat student-run restaurant with mixology stations
• The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation Conference Center
• A modern wine and beer sensory-analysis lab and high-tech demonstration kitchen
The Department of HTE offers the following minors and certificates:
• Hotel Management
• Restaurant Management
• Tourism Management
• Events Management
• Beverage Management (must be 21 years of age or older)
Introduction to Hospitality, Tourism and Events
Managerial Accounting for Hospitality
Event Catering Strategies
The degree program in HTE at MSU Denver is accredited through Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE).
BACK TO ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Admissions and Transfer Counselors are available on a walk-in basis.