Special Academic Program
The Honors Program at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) provides opportunities for high-performing students to participate in a more challenging and stimulating intellectual experience. Honors Program courses provide an enhanced educational experience through work with primary documents, the inclusion of multiple disciplines, collaborative work and a deeper engagement with course material.
Students complete 13–21 semester hours of Honors Program course credits that can count toward graduation requirements for general studies, a major and a minor and others.
In addition to honors-only courses, students can enroll in those cross-listed with the Honors Program, as well as complete contracts and internships, to complete requirements.
Benefits of Earning Your Degree at MSU Denver
Students in the Honors Program have the following unique opportunities:
• Attend smaller, more engaging classes.
• Apply for special scholarships and book awards.
• Take advantage of many research opportunities.
• Access social and study spaces in the Honors House.
• Enjoy social and cultural outings with fellow students.
• Attend program-sponsored activities on and off campus.
• Develop leadership skills in student organizations.
• Write an honors senior thesis of your choosing.
• Receive an honors notation on your transcript.
• Gain special recognition at your commencement.
—Becky Jackson (BA in psychology, 2016)
Legacy of Arts and Letters
Global Challenges of the 21st Century
What Is Literacy?
The Purpose, Place and Price of Arts in America
Apocalypse: Apocalyptic Visions in the Digital Age
BACK TO ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Admissions and Transfer Counselors are available on a walk-in basis.