History Bachelor Degrees (BA, BFA)
Bachelor of Arts
History majors are time travelers. Time travelers who know how to think.
This is history’s big lesson: Not the dates and facts so much as how do we interpret them and what do they mean to our lives now?
At Metropolitan State University of Denver, you will earn a history degree that will not only expose you to the history of the United States and the world, but will also give you tremendous freedom to pick your own path, developing expertise in areas such as Colorado history, Latin-American history, African-American history, women’s history, European history and more.
Plus, through internship opportunities, study abroad experiences and your senior seminar, during which you will complete a major research project, you will develop the ability to think critically, argue convincingly and write cogently—skills that translate to countless careers and graduate school.
As an MSU Denver history student, you can choose from the following programs:
Career Opportunities for Our Graduates
H4 What can you do with a B.A. in History from MSU Denver? Law, politics, journalism, education and museum work. And that’s just a start! Here are some of the specific career paths taken by MSU Denver alumni:
- Secondary history teacher, international history teacher, Teach for America teacher (a program that trains and places diverse leaders to teach in underserved communities), professor
- Colorado state legislator, mayor, politician
- Writer, journalist, biographer
MSU Denver offers an enormous range of History courses that include everything from the history of baseball to classes on the ancient past.
- Women in World History
- American History since 1865
- Ancient Greece
- Survey of African History
- Russian History from Princes to Putin
- American West
- Colorado Water and the American West
- Food in U.S. History
- American Immigration History
- Senior Seminar
BACK TO ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Admissions and Transfer Counselors are available on a walk-in basis.