The minor program in Communication Studies at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) offers a diverse curriculum of introductory, advanced and collaborative teacher/learner-centered courses.
Grounded in liberal arts tradition, the Department of Communication Arts and Sciences (CAS) partners with public schools, businesses, media organizations, health-care agencies and nonprofit organizations to help prepare students for graduate school, employment and personal and aesthetic development.
CAS students have the following unique opportunities:
• Learn in small classes from experienced, professional faculty who are dedicated to your success.
• Benefit from one-on-one mentoring and advising that helps guide you through career planning.
• Get valuable hands-on experience through a variety of on-campus MSU Denver broadcasts.
• Take advantage of exciting internship opportunities that can help you make industry connections.
• Participate in our annual Spectacular Vernacular, a popular on-campus public-speaking contest.
Students seeking a minor in Communication Studies complete a minimum of 21 semester hours in approved courses. Other graduation requirements apply.
Gender and Communication
Communication and Diversity in the U.S.
Techniques of Persuasion
The minor in Communication Studies at MSU Denver is part of the university’s overall accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
BACK TO ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Admissions and Transfer Counselors are available on a walk-in basis.