MSU Denver Password Reset Program
MSU Denver's Password Reset Program provides a tool designed to allow Students, Faculty, and Staff the ability to manage their NetID password through the use of simple pre-defined security questions. Information Technology Services requires minimum standards for all NetID passwords. For information on how to create an acceptable password click here.
1. Sign up for the Password Reset Program
To use the password reset tool, you must first sign up for the Password Reset Program by clicking the Sign-up button below. You will need to enter your NetID and your current password (or initial PIN if you don't already have a password). You will be prompted to select and answer five security questions. More information...
2. Reset your password
If you forgot your password or want to change it, click the Reset your password button below. You will be prompted to answer two of your five security questions to verify your account before you select a new password. More information...
Your password must contain
- 10 or more characters
- A number or special characters (for example !@#$%^)
- Upper and lower case characters
Your password must not
- Be the same as your previous 10 passwords
- Be similar to your first name, last name, or NetID (if any three letters appear in the same order, it will be rejected)
NOTE: You will not be able to reset your password until you enroll into the Password Reset Management System.
2. On the Sign-up page, enter your username and Password, and domain name (winad). If you have not previously set up a password please look up you Initial PIN. Click the Continue button.
3. You will then be prompted to set up five security questions. For the first three questions, you must choose a question from the drop-down menu. For the last two questions, you must create any questions of your choice. After filling out the form with your five questions and answers, click the Enroll button.
NOTE: The answer section is case-sensitive.
4. You will then see the following message, which means that you have enrolled into the Password Reset Management Program successfully. Click on the Home button.
2. Fill in your username, the domain name (winad), and click Continue.
3. You will be asked to answer three of the questions that you set up in the Password Reset Management Program and to choose your new password (and confirm it). After completing the form, Click Reset Password
4. You will then see the following message, which means that you have enrolled into the Password Reset Management Program successfully. Click on the Close button to complete the process.
If you have additional questions, concerns, or need immediate assistance - Please contact the MSU Denver Help Desk.
Revised: April 2015