Do you want to be a peer leader and a role model for first year students on campus?
Then look no further because First Year Success is looking for a few good Roadrunners!
Apply to be apart of the First Year Success Student Leadership team!
Below are the available student leadership positions.
- Campus Outreach Ambassador Position – This position is responsible for building community and serving as a support to first-year MSU Denver students not enrolled in an FYS class. Campus Outreach Ambassadors will work closely with the Faculty and staff from the 4 academic colleges.
- Engagement and Retention Program Specialist Position – This position works closely with the Advising and Retention Coordinator to implement and create events in effort to help retain students, and engage students in opportunities to connect with their Academic and Career Advisors, and various campus resources. There will be opportunities to help facilitate workshops, and to collaborate with faculty and staff.
- Equity Program Specialist Position – This position will work with the Equity Program Coordinator to create and host events and workshops focused on social justice, equity, diversity, identity, and intersectionality. There will be opportunities to collaborate with FYS faculty and students, and the specialist will work to lead the Social Justice Leadership Series committee.
- Front Desk Assistant Position – This position will work closely with FYS professional staff, faculty, and student staff as well as incoming students to maintain and organize all aspects of the front desk. They will do this by supporting the day to day operations of The First Year Success front office.
- Leadership and Outreach Assistant Specialist Position – This position works closely with the Ambassador team to create, design, and implement events and opportunities for students to connect with their Ambassador, other students, and various campus resources.
- Peer Ambassador Position – This position is responsible for building community and serving as a support for first-year students in FYS courses. Peer Ambassador’s will work closely with FYS faculty and staff.