Welcome to the Office of Clinical Experiences and Partnerships!
Our site is designed to provide direct access to relevant information for Students, Cooperating Teachers, and University Student Teaching Supervisors. Visit the appropriate section of the site for details on the student teaching experience by clicking a button below or in the site navigation on the left.
Please review the following general information regarding our office and the student teaching process.
- Maintain all records and processes pertaining to student teaching and internships
- Provide student teaching meetings at important stages in the process
- Advise students of the requirements that must be met to qualify to student teach or intern
- Notify students of all deadlines pertaining to student teaching and internship
- Organize and review all documents submitted by students pursuing student teaching or internship
- Request, approve, and document all student teaching and internship placements
- Provide quality supervision for student teaching and internship assignments
- Monitor the supervision of student teachers and interns and solve problems as they arise
- Document program, student teaching, and internship completion
- Provide Colorado approved program verification form to the student, which the student will scan and include in their Colorado Department of Education application.
- Provide other state verification forms as needed
The Student Teaching Handbook provides information on all aspects of the student teaching experience. It covers expectations for the student, cooperating teacher, and university supervisor as well as explanations of the process for placement, evaluation, and verification of completion for licensure. Students, cooperating teachers, and supervisors have access to our website and can view the handbook to obtain information about responsibilities and expectations.