P-12 Job Opportunities in Education
Please see the information below regarding job openings and opportunities in Colorado for P-12 grade educators. For additional resources, check out Colorado Department of Education's Jobs for Teachers page, and continue to watch local district job boards for openings. We will post any job description that gets sent our way, so keep checking back for individual listings.
District Job Boards
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Adams County School District 14
- Adams County School District 50 (Westminster)
- Aurora Public Schools
- Boulder Valley
- Brighton School District 27J
- Cherry Creek School District
- Denver Public Schools
- Douglas County School District
- Englewood Schools
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- Littleton Public Schools
- Mapleton Public Schools
- Poudre School District
- Sheridan School District No. 2
- St. Vrain Valley School District
- Thompson School District
Please note: The posting of employment opportunities below is not an endorsement of these organizations by Metropolitan State University of Denver or the university’s School of Education.
Denver, CO 80209
Drone Ed After School Enrichment Instructor
We are actively looking to train educators to become an instructor for our new Drone Ed enrichment in Denver Public Schools. What is Drone Ed?: Drone Ed is a STEM-based after school enrichment that teaches the safety, fundamentals, and awareness of drone technology. Each week the Drone Ed instructor teaches a different drone lesson, then students practice that lesson on the provided drone. How fun is that!?
What we are looking for (Qualifications):
1. You must have an FBI & CBI fingerprint background check for DPS
2. CPR/First Aid/AED Certified
3. You must want to have fun while teaching k-12 students about drones
4. Responsible and reliable instructor to be on-time and handle all issues with a high-level of professionalism
5. Be open to learning about drone technology (we will be training you in drones, for free, of course!)
6. Be able to pass the FAA Remote Pilot certification (again, we will be training you to teach drones, hence, you will be able to pass this computerized exam)
7. Do what you say you are going to do (which you should expect out of us as well)
What we offer:
1. $50 per class you teach (most sessions are 8 - 12 weeks long, 1.5 hours per class, once per week)
2. Free drone technology training (including FAA Remote Pilot certification material)
3. All equipment is provided by us (drones, curriculum, safety glasses, etc.)
4. A sweet team culture and a ton of high-fives!
Please feel free to contact us for this opportunity. We look forward to meeting any of you that wants to get involved with Drone Ed. Reach out at email@example.com or 678-993-9813. You can also check us out at www.drone-ed.org.
$50 per class taught, avg of 10 classes per season
We do realistic interviews without the cliche questions. We will be asking you real-life situational questions to gauge your ability to handle issues during Drone Ed. Overall, we really want to have a healthy conversation with you to see if our team is a solid fit for you. Don't hesitate, we are ready for you!
Contact John at 678-993-9813 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospect Valley Elementary
3400 Pierson St.
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Special Education Para
Teaching small groups of students with support of the special education team.
6 hours/week - approximately 8:15-8:30 start, til 2:15-2:30
Excellent experience for students earning a Special Education Teacher certificate or degree!
Call Mike Collins at 303-982-7535
Prospect Ridge Academy
2555 Preble Creek Pkwy
Broomfield, CO 80023
Before and After School Group Leader
The group leader will run a know age group of students in the before and after school program. This will include outside time, technology lab, library, etc.
Please visit our website for full description!
Prospect Ridge Academy
2555 Preble Creek Pkwy
Broomfield, CO 80023
Before and After School Group Leader
The MESA Group Leader at PRA will Assist with opening and closing the MESA facility. Close and alarm the MESA facility when all students have left. Supervise and run one of the three MESA classrooms effectively and efficiently with regard to the environment, activities, behavior, and discipline Arrive on time consistently in order to prepare for the day and to greet/sign-in the children Monitor and direct all children in the area at all times Clean and maintain the classroom/playground environment Interact with, and engage the children in a positive manner Provide constant, supportive and professional communication with staff, parents, and children Implement positive methods of discipline and guidance Assist Director and other Mesa staff as required Perform other duties as assigned Schedule Work hours require the Group Leader to work from approximately 3:00/3:30–6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday as determined by program Director and program needs Occasionally program may require the Group Leader to work from 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. during the week. Occasionally program will also need a full 8 hour shift between 7:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. as listed on the MESA calendar
TBD based on Experience
This is a great opportunity for students looking for a little extra cash! Flexible!
To apply please visit our employment opportunities website: https://prospectridgeacademy.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=177
Stephen Knight Center for Early Education - Denver Public Schools
3245 E. Exposition Ave.
Denver, CO 80209
General 7 hour Paraprofessional, ECE 7 hour Paraprofessional, 5 hour general floating Para, 4 hour Para Technology
Early Childhood 3 and 4 year olds, in classroom supporting teacher. General and floating para - jobs and duties as assigned. Please see - Denver Public Schools GHR job board for full descriptions of each job. Search - Stephen Knight Center for Early Education.
*See hours as listed above
*See job posting on Denver Public Schools website.
Denver Public Schools - go to the HR website - Search Stephen Knight Center for Early Education on the GHR job board.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Early College
19535 E 46th Avenue
Denver, CO 80249
High School Math Teacher
We are seeking a capable and energetic math teacher to serve our students at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Early College. MLK employs a pre-collegiate curriculum wherein students are encouraged to take college courses that push them to develop their skills and character in preparation for college and career after graduating.
varies with education and experience
Applicants should reach out to Jim Trainer, assistant principal, at email@example.com or apply directly at dpsk12.org.
1150 Village Ridge Pt.
Monument, CO 80132
ESS Resource Teacher
Monument Academy Charter School is seeking a full time Exceptional Student Services Teacher 2017-2018 school year to start ASAP. Applicants must meet qualifications for Exceptional Student Services (Special Education), have or be able to obtain a Colorado teacher license with a Special Education endorsement and be supportive of an inclusion philosophy.
Organized, patient and understanding of individual special needs
Creative and apply different types of teaching methods to reach students who are having difficulty learning
Excellent communication and cooperation skills with others, including students, parents, and school faculty and administrators
Exceptional Student Services resource teachers help to develop an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student receiving special education. The teacher will review the IEP with the student's parents, school administrators, and the student's general education teachers. The teacher will work closely with parents to inform them of their children's progress and suggest techniques to promote learning outside of school. The Teacher will ensure that appropriate accommodations are provided when necessary during testing or other activities.
For those interested, please apply online at: http://www.monumentacademy.net/employment/?category=Student+Support+Services
Department of Extended Learning & Community Schools
1617 S Acoma St
Denver, CO 80223
Job ID: 22427
Job Title: Program Leader
Department: Extended Learning and Community Schools
Location: Discovery Link Sites
Area: Throughout Denver area Job Type: Monday - Friday; Part-Time Hours: 6:15AM - 8 AM or 9 AM and 2:30 PM or 3 PM - 6 PM
Salary Range: $12.25- $14.50/hr based upon education and experience
Highlights: Paid Professional Development trainings, benefits available for those working 20+ hrs/wk, free enrollment for your child while employed with the department Make a difference in the lives of students by joining our team and supporting the DPS vision, Every Child Succeeds.
Essential Functions and Objectives: To provide a safe and learning environment for children, nurture a positive work environment that conduct students to the optimal growth and development. To interpret the philosophy of Denver Public Schools to faculty, staff, parents, visitors and the community. To ensure compliance of School District and Colorado Department of Human Services polices.
- Ensures that Colorado Department of Human Services Rules and Regulations are in compliance
- Maintain and facilitate open communication with parents, staff and students
- Interact positively with parents and refer questions and concerns to the Supervisor when needed and appropriate.
- Maintain a punctual, reliable schedule during program hours.
- Follow staff conduct guidelines outlined in the staff handbook.
- Perform facility maintenance and housekeeping duties as assigned and needed.
- Follow the general daily schedule for the program.
- Maintain appropriate standards for children’s behavior following the discipline guidelines as outlined in the staff handbook; use the discipline log when necessary.
- Maintain the accident log and complete accident reports, with assistance from the supervisor, as required by Denver Public Schools and or child care licensing.
- Maintain licensing ratio for staff to child.
- Provide careful supervision of play areas to ensure children’s safety.
- Assist in planning program curriculum.
- Attend all orientations, trainings and staff meetings.
-Other duties as assigned.
Licensure & Certification:
- Verifiable education and training in working with children.
- Be able to provide proof or obtain CPR, First Aide, Universal Precautions and Medication Administration certifications.
Education & Experience:
- HS Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and demonstrate an ability to work with children.
- Must have at least three (3) months (455 hours) of full-time or equivalent part-time satisfactory and verifiable experience with school-age children.
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- Flexible, self-motivated individual.
- Evidence of verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
$12.25 - $14.50/hour
About Denver Public Schools: The Department of Extended Learning and Community Schools supports and strengthens DPS students, families, schools and communities by delivering and facilitating high-quality programs and services that extend beyond the traditional school experience. This includes out-of-school-time programs and volunteer and community partnership services. This work creates safe environments where students and families gain the tools, resources and social competencies they need to achieve success. Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students. Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org. Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Please visit http://careers.dpsk12.org/ Then click on the green button on the upper right that says ‘Apply Now’ Click on the green button that says ‘Direct Link to Job Board’ Next, enter '22427' the Job ID #. Click on ‘Search Jobs,’ then scroll down. Click on the job title. Then click on the blue button that says ‘Apply for this job’ Then Click on Log In/Register. Choose the ‘New User’ option and register if you have never applied with DPS before. If you have applied for a position before, you will need to login with your email address. If you cannot remember your password, please click on ‘Forgot Password.’ From there you will need to complete ‘Basic Information’ and ‘Create Profile’ and click on the blue button that says ‘Begin’