6 things the Registrar can do for you
August 10, 2017
Staffers in the Registrar’s Office would like you to know they can help — and it just might save a bit of time, money and effort as the fall semester approaches.
Here’s the list:
- The Registrar’s Office can help you understand FERPA better by offering training sessions on the federal privacy law that covers education records.
- The office also can help you navigate the University’s registration policies. Think about it — helping students register for classes helps them start the semester right and stay on track to graduate.
- The Registrar’s Office handles workflow for grade changes and petitions for degree exceptions. Have questions or need training? They can help!
- If you’re an academic adviser, the Registrar’s Office can help clarify degree requirements or exception questions.
- The Registrar’s Office now houses the Transcript Evaluation Team and can address questions regarding official transcript evaluation, process course equivalency forms and handle IB, CLEP AP credit and more.
- The Registrar’s Office website has great resources: updated forms, quick guides on how to register/drop/waitlist/resolve holds, an updated directory and much more.